Sunday, March 2, 2014

Marshmallows, Chocolate, and Graham Oh My!

Hello Sweets,

You know what I hate about this time of year?  Doing taxes!!  Now don't get me wrong, we buy Turbotax to make things easier, because lets face it the paper packages are too confusing.  But they're still annoying as heck, and I don't just do mine but my grandparents too.  So that is what I spent this afternoon doing, and then they surprised me by taking me out to Swiss Chalet for dinner :)  Win!!  Now I am tired and sore >_<  But on the bright side I can now kick my feet up and relax, that is once this post is done ;)

So I clearly didn't get to make my muffins yesterday, but that's because not only did I have a sore throat but I also had no eggs.  Since I was already out and about this morning, I managed to get to my butt to the grocery store and get my eggs!  Once I was ready to actually get into the kitchen (lol lazy), I had to figure out exactly what I was going to make.  As I was sitting on the couch sifting through recipes and eating a marshmallow, it dawned on me, I really want s'mores.  However, I do not have a fireplace or BBQ and didn't want to make them in the oven :(  Then I figured why not s'more muffins?!?  The idea was so delicious I was not going to give up, and that's when the perfect recipe, care of Bakerella, arrived.  Now technically these are classified as a cupcake, but I left out the icing so it's a muffin to me :p

S'more or Less (Bakerella)
Ingredients
(muffin)
1 1/2C flour
1 1/2C sugar
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
3/4C cocoa
3/4C graham crumbs
1C milk
2 eggs
2tsp vanilla
1/2C olive oil
9 jumbo marshmallows, cut in half
(graham cracker crumb topping)
1/2C brown sugar
1/2C graham crumbs
1/4C butter, melted

 
 

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 350F.  In a bowl mix; flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together with a whisk.  Separate the mixture in half into two bowls. 
 

2)  Stir in cocoa into one bowl, and the graham cracker crumbs into the other.

 

 

3)  Add 1/2C milk, 1 egg, 1tsp vanilla, and 1/4C oil to the graham cracker mixture.  Beat until just combined.
 
 
4)  Repeat adding the same ingredients to the cocoa flour mixture.
 
 
5)  Prepare the graham cracker crumb topping.  Add the brown sugar and crumbs in a small bowl, and pour on the melted butter.  Stir until just combined.

 

 

6)  Pour a little graham cracker cake batter into the bottom of the baking cups, and then sprinkle the topping mixture lightly on the surface.
 
I accidentally used all the topping in the middle lol
  
7)  Place a marshmallow half on top, then cover the marshmallow with the chocolate cake batter until it's about 3/4 full.  Sprinkle with more topping.
     
 

8)  Bake cupcakes for about 15 minutes.  Place a cookie sheet underneath when you bake just in case. 
  

This recipe will make at least 12 cupcakes, I got 18 :)  My apartment smells like a golden marshmallow that's been wrapped in a graham blanket.  Yummy yummy!!  Since I am still full from dinner,  I haven't tried them just yet.  I'll let you know the full flavor spectrum on tomorrows post, I promise :D

Now I'm going to go and do absolutely nothing, and boy does that sound glorious!!!  Until next time....


Stay sweet,


Jennifer xoxoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment