Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Just One Minute Sir!

Hello Sweets,

I have had one busy day, and it's not done yet.  I am running on next-to-7no sleep so food is what is keeping me going (I'm eating while typing this lol), but I have a feeling I'll crash the second I step foot back into the house.  Let me tell y'all what kept me running around all day today, I got my keys!!!!!!!
aren't they perfect :)

So it's official and in my possession, and I've even started filling the cupboards with all the kitchen goodies that wouldn't fit into my cupboard (yes singular).  I'm so excited for Saturday when the big move happens, until then I will be doing small trips with my extra food and my breakables because something always gets broken when I let someone else do it for me :p

Since I have a meeting that I need to get to within the hour, I thought it would be a perfect fit for tonight's recipe.  Have you ever craved cake later in the evening?  And the thought of a whole cake is just asking for trouble?  Then cake in a cup is exactly what you need!  I've seen many different recipes, pins, and instagramed articles about these but never tried it myself.  That all changed when Nathan decided to text me that he was enjoying some gooey chocolate pudding cake, not fair!!  So of course I went into research mode, determined to find a quick little chocolate cake.  I hit the jack pot when I came across the Yummy Mummy Club.  I kept coming back to this recipe, so it was decided right away that chocolate cake in a cup had been found!

5 minute Chocolate Cake in a Cup via yummy mummy club
Ingredients
4Tbs flour
4Tbs sugar
2Tbs cocoa
1 egg
3Tbs milk
3Tbs oil
3Tbs chocolate chips
dash of vanilla
1 large coffee cup
 

Directions:
1)  Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well.
 

2)  Add the egg and mix thoroughly.  Add milk and oil, mixing again.
 

3)  Add chocolate chips and vanilla, mix.
 

4)  Place mug into microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high.  The cake may rise over the top of the mug so don't be alarmed if it does.
 

 
  

5)  Allow to cool a little and then tip out onto a plate (or eat straight from the cup!).
 
 
 
 

I dolled my cake up by sprinkling some icing sugar on top :).  The cake itself is quite moist considering the method it's made by. The only thing that stood out a little too much for my tastebuds was an eggy taste, further research post devour has given a few different options like beating first and only using a few tablespoons. 

Well I'm in the car finishing this, and I hate to cut it short but I don't really have a choice lol.  I'm trying to keep my creative juices going but it's hard when things are being packed up and shipped over to the new place ;)  Until next time....


Stay sweet,


Jennifer xoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment