Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just Doodling!

Hello Sweets,

I am fighting some sort of sore throat :(  It has made the packing for my move almost none existent, and that will make it for a hectic week and a half before I move.  My body is fighting so hard that yesterday I would pass out at any moment, and that was more annoying than most realize.  Normally  I would be over the moon happy that I am sleeping, because I have a lot of trouble doing so.  However, when you need to get certain things done it's a bit of a pain, since you don't get much done... at all.

Since I am bed bound for today I decided to get a jump start on my post, and that's when I realized I missed a recipe from last November.  How did I miss such a delicious recipe?  I have no clue lol, but I found it now and that's all that matters ;)  Today's recipe is a favorite of Nathans, whether I am making a cookie or a muffin he is sure to love what comes out of the oven!  I know there are many more different variations of the snack I'm showcasing today, and I even came across a  website that was full of different recipes.  Needless to say I am very excited to try out some new recipes, that is once my body decides to cooperate again :p  I guess I should tell y'all what we're making today, as my title sneakingly suggests we're making snicker doodle muffins!!  This recipe is NOT mine, but I found this delightful treat on In Praise Of Leftovers.  Check her blog out, it's full of yummy goodies :)

 Snicker Doodle Muffins
Ingredients
(muffins)
1 1/2C + 2Tbs flour
3/4C sugar
2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1/4tsp nutmeg
1/2C milk
1 egg, beaten
1/3C butter, melted
(topping)
1tsp cinnamon
1/2C sugar
1/3C butter, melted
 

Direction:
1)  Combine the first five ingredients.
 

2)  Add milk, egg, and 1/3C of melted butter, mix gently to combine.
 

3)  Butter a muffin tin, and fill muffin cups 1/2 full.
 

4)  Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tops are light brown and springy to the touch.
 

 5)  While muffins are still warm, dip in butter (from topping half).
 

6)  Roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
How cute is it that Nathan is helping me :)

7)  Serve warm.
 
great texture
Sooo yummy

 These are some of the most delicious muffins I've ever tasted, and they are even good when they're not warm.  I can't even begin to describe how good they are, but I can tell you that they are not overly sweet at all.  Also unlike some of the other recipes you'll find online there is no cream of tartar or vanilla, but you would never notice.  These are a perfect addition to any breakfast, or just as a snack.  All in all a perfectly delicious treat!

I can't tell you how frustrated I was last night trying to find this dang recipe lol, but by some sort of miracle when I searched on google today it just popped up.  I feel as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, a cinnamon sugar weight that is ;)  Tomorrow we are going to travel back to November for an American Thanksgiving treat, and I promise you that it is to die for!  Until next time....

Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment