Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Something I Just Couldn't Resist

Hello Sweets,

I have been having an awful day :(  It started out with me waking up with a migraine, which is exactly how I went to sleep last night.  Which means I didn't get much sleep, and that means my appetite was diminished.  I've only had a peanut butter and jam sandwich and some dehydrated cherries, which are soooo tasty lol.  So I've been relaxing all day long, and then I did a little creating so I wouldn't feel completely useless.

Well I did it, lol I made more pudding today!  I just couldn't help myself, I just really wanted some vanilla to go with the chocolate ;)  I can't imagine why people don't just make it from scratch, yes it takes a little longer but it smells so much better lol.  Although after making two batches of pudding I do need to go pick up some milk lol or I won't be able to enjoy my cereal.

Vanilla Pudding
Ingredients
3/4C sugar
4Tbs cornstarch
1/8tsp salt
3 1/2C milk (or you can use 1C cream)
3 egg yolks
1Tbs butter
1Tbs vanilla
 

Directions:
1)  Combine sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a saucepan.
 

2)  Whisk in milk and egg yolks, cooking over medium high heat, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
 

3)  Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and butter.  Whisk until butter is melted.
 

4)  Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove any lumps.  Cover with plastic wrap for storage.  To prevent a skin or film from forming be sure to place plastic wrap against the pudding, not just over the top of the bowl.  Serve warm or cold.
 
I chose to add cinnamon and nutmeg for additional flavor

Another flavorful pudding that is hard to beat, my mind is spinning with all the different recipes that call for pudding because this will be my first choice every time it's available.  Unlike the fake boxed stuff there is a slight egg smell to it, if that's something that would put you off add a splash more vanilla with cinnamon and nutmeg.  I cannot wait for my nephew to try his little batches I made for him, nothing is better than a smile on his cute little face :)

Tomorrow I am back over at my grandparents, so it will be a dinner post instead of sweet ;)  In the meantime I will be doing some more sketching in preparation for the birthday party, I'm getting really excited to be officially putting my passion out there, but I know I still have a lot to learn ;)  Until next time....


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment