Monday, September 16, 2013

The Cherry On Top!

Hello Sweets,

Well I have been an awful blogger again :(  It's been just over two weeks since I last posted, but that Nathan is such a distraction lol a good one that is.  I feel pretty bad because I left all your Dr. Pepper cupcakes without frosting, and lets face it an un-frosted cupcake is no good to anyone ;)  Now that I'm back on Canadian soil the blogs with commence once again!  And then next time I'm down in good ol' Texas I will make more of an effort to keep y'all posted, even if it's just a quick little update (Nathan suggested that to me, as much as I prefer to keep it food based only it won't hurt right?).

This frosting is super easy and delicious, but it has a whipping cream base so it'll need to be consumed that day unless you put it into the refrigerator.  To be perfectly honest just thinking about these bad boys is making me really hungry, but alas I don't have any made here so this will probably be a short little post.  If you're new to the baking world let me give you some advice when it comes to working with whipping cream, not to be confused with whipped cream (the already made kind).  It's going to take a long time to get the stiff peaks desired, so if you are not fortunate like me and don't have a stand alone mixer be prepared for tired shoulders as it takes a little bit.  Secondly do not over beat the mixture, yes it happens and what you're left with is a gross clumpy mess that is anything but appealing lol.

Cherry Dr.Pepper Frosting
Ingredients
4oz boiled Dr.Pepper (remaining amount from the cupcakes)
1 1/2C heavy whipping cream
6Tbs powdered sugar
1/2Tsp vanilla
3Tbs instant vanilla pudding
cherries for garnish, either maraschino or fresh
 
(the instant pudding isn't pictured as it was a late addition)

Directions:
1)  Beat all ingredients thoroughly until stiff peaks form.

2)  Pipe on top of the cupcakes and finish with a cherry.
 
  
Don't they look yummy??

Just like the cola cupcakes I made there is a subtle Dr.Pepper flavor, and the icing is even more so.  In true Canuckette fashion these were not the only made for a traditional family dinner in Texas, I also made a complete roast dinner to accompany them (traditional as in what my grandmother would make).  I made the roast a little different than previously so I will be sharing that with y'all, in the meantime here is a sneak peak of the entire meal :)
 

Well that's it for tonight, but get ready because Canuckette is back at it and ready to give y'all more posts to read and create from!  Until next time.....................



Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment