Wednesday, September 18, 2013

O.M.(chocolate)Goodies!

Hello Sweets,

I'mmmmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaack!!  Lol yes it does feel great to be back at my computer for my blog, and on a regular basis ;)  I'm also trying out some new recipes this week, I started tonight with a delicious roasted chicken and my kitchen smells so good.  Yes it would have been cheaper to just pick up a pre-made one at the grocery store, but we all know that is not the Canuckette way.  Not to mention I wouldn't know what went in the prep or how to cook a moist whole chicken, but now I do!!  However, that tender and juicy recipe will not be revealed today, today I wanted to write something sweet instead and no I'm not talking about a little love note ;)

Everyone loves brownies right?  I know what you're thinking, I've already done brownies.  These brownies, much like their name, are the best brownies ever (so far)!!  I wanted a brownie that had a frosting on top, as those were my favorite when I would buy the boxed stuff *hangs head in shame*.  But that is not the way I bake anymore, only with heart and love now and that means no more boxes!  Nathan and I went to visit some of my family in Florida a couple weeks back, we flew over in his small airplane which took 6 1/2 hours but with views like this who can complain;
 
 

 
 so pretty right?

So keeping with my new love of sharing my baked goods I wanted to bring some brownies for the family to enjoy :)  Yes I know, total dork, but that's just me and I'm okay with that ;)  Lets get to the yummy treats shall we?

The Best Brownies
Ingredients
14Tbs butter
4oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 1/2C sugar
2 1/4Tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1C flour
1/3C pecans, chopped
2 1/4C powdered sugar
1/2C unsweetened cocoa powder
3-4Tbs milk
 
only the best chocolate for my man ;)

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 400F.  Grease an 8" square baking pan.  In a large heavy saucepan over low heat; melt 8Tbs of butter and the chopped chocolate, stirring constantly.
 

2)  Remove from heat and stir in sugar, 2Tsp vanilla, and eggs (one at a time).
 

 
 mmmm chocolate!

3)  Blend in flour and pecans.

 

4)  Spread batter in the prepared pan and bake until brownies just start to pull away from the sides of the pan; 18-22 minutes.
 

5)  To prepare frosting; in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat remaining butter and vanilla until creamy.
 

6)  At low speed; gradually add powdered sugar and cocoa powder alternately with milk, beating well after each addition until frosting is smooth and fluffy.
 

7)  Frost brownies when removed from oven by gently spreading on.  Cut into 16 squares.
 
(I forgot to take a picture of the completed brownies :( )

These brownies are so moist, chocolaty, and AMAZING!!  Lol these are close to what I'm striving for in my perfect brownies, I love brownies with frosting so this is a keeper :)  Only thing left to do is to make small little changes until they're worthy of a Canuckette title ;)

As much as I would love to write a little more for y'all, I have a migraine starting and I also have some research to do.  Yes the research is food related, and of course it is a surprise ;D  Until next time...........


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxoxo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment