Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall Hauls!

Hello Sweets,

The weekend is over :( for y'all anyways lol!  You know me being off work and such makes everyday a weekend, which gets old real fast.  It seems like a lovely idea to lead the life of a cat ;) but in reality it gets boring quick, unless you're a cat then it's okay lol.  Today was a very productive day for me :)  I started my day off right by going to church, it was nice to see my pastor again although he asked where I had been :/ (I know bad girl)  It was okay though, they are well aware of my health issues and were just happy to see me again :)  Then Heather and I finally caught up!!  I told you I felt good about today lol, we completely lost track of time and were chatting for 2 1/2 hours.  We did a fun little trade, I gave her baked goods and she gave me board games win win!!

When I finally did make it home I realized, "hey what about the muffins I was going to make?".  So I looked at a couple different recipes and decided I was going to make my own.  I did that because I couldn't find something close enough to what I wanted, later this week I may make my spicy pear muffins because they are super yummy!  Now that it's getting chilly outside I am all about warm spices and fall hauls :)  Anyone who lives/lived in Ontario knows what September brings, an abundance of apples and pears!!  Two of my very favorite fruits, especially to bake with ;)

Spicy Apple and Pear Muffins
Ingredients
1/2C apple, diced
1/2C pear, diced
1/3C applesauce
3/4C milk (if you use skim it make the recipe fat free!)
1/2tsp salt
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1/3C sugar
1 3/4C all-purpose flour
1/4tsp ground ginger
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp allspice
(I pre-seasoned the fruit a little before with extra)
 

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 375F, greasing a muffin tin.  Mix together in a large bowl; sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice.
 

2)  Add the flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and applesauce to the sugar mixture.  Do not over beat.
 

3)  Stir in the diced apples and pears.
 

4)  Spoon batter into the greased muffin cups.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly pressed.
 

5)  Serve after muffins have cooled a bit, about 20 minutes.
 

 
(I did a double batch, that's why there's so many)

Right now my whole house smells like delicious fall baking, the smell is very close to apple pie :)  These muffins are smaller and dense, but you definitely only need one to curb your hunger.  I like the combination of the apples and pears together, they mesh really well and each bring there own dynamic to the muffin.  The apple is a little more tart so the pear gives it a little sweetness, I personally prefer fruit muffins because I like the moistness they give.

I know this post is a little short but my shoulder is all of a sudden screaming at me :(  Guess that's all I can give y'all tonight, but hey something is better than nothing right?  Until next time....


Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment