Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Final Straw....berry ;)

Hello Sweets,

I know I've been MIA that last couple days, but I am super busy lately.  Between spending time with family members, to trying to get organized and packed.  Yup that's right in just two short days I'll be with the love of my life once again, I will have already landed and will be enjoying the Texas sun :)  So Tuesday's post maybe just be a quick check in as I will most likely not be cooking that night, but who knows maybe Nathan and I will collaborate for a dinner. Eeekk, I can hardly wait it already feels like it's been months lol.

So this is it, the last tiny tart post lol and for my grandmother this is her favorite.  You remember that sneaky squirrel who was stealing our raspberries?  Well he also like strawberries, which made my grandmother very unhappy lol.  I haven't had too many strawberry pies that I enjoyed, but I also hated strawberries sprinkled with sugar as a kid lol.  I like fruit all on its own, but I wasn't going to let my personal preference get in the way of a new endeavor.  However, with that being said I was quite careful in selecting a recipe that really let the sweetness of the strawberries shine through.  With minimal sugar I was able to achieve exactly what I set out for, and considering these were gobbled up pretty quickly I think it was a good choice.

Strawberry Pie Filling
Ingredients
5 1/2C strawberries, washed/cored and quartered
1/2C sugar
3Tbs cornstarch

Directions:
1)  Place strawberries in a large bowl.
 

2)  Whisk together sugar and cornstarch to combine.
 

3)  Toss with strawberries until evenly coated.  Allow to sit for five minutes prior to adding to your pie pastry.
 

Same as with the earlier tarts, place a spoonful into each pastry cup.  Baking at 325F for 15-20 minutes, allowing to cool on wire rack before serving.
 

I know this post is on the short side, okay the really short side, but I still have more packing to do.  I also have a couple of letters I need to write and I have some thoughts swirling around in my head that I want to give a few minutes of my time.  Until next time.....................................................



Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment