Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Unconventional Peanut Butter Cookie

Hello Sweets,

I know I've been a bad blogger lately as summer is a very distracting season for me, and for that I apologize.  I know I left you all in suspense because I only ever gave you one of the four cookie recipes, so what do you think you're getting today?  Yup another cookie recipe, and to be perfectly honest I have not baked many cookies since the wedding but that doesn't mean I've avoided the kitchen as a whole ;)  As I write this I am in Texas and it's Independence Day here (well it was when I started it lol), which means I prepared a few delicious holiday treats that I will be blogging about in the coming weeks!

So I know what you're thinking, how can a peanut butter cookie be unconventional?  Trust me when I say this was not what I was expecting when researching for a new recipe to try, but it is by far the best peanut butter cookie I have ever had!  Normally I have a go to recipe that is literally three ingredients.  It is a darn good cookie itself but it doesn't hold a candle to the recipe I'm going to share with you today :)  There is one specific ingredient in this recipe that really had me perplexed, but instead of sharing it now I'll wait until the end (always keeping you in suspense).

Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients
1/2C butter, softened
3/4C smooth peanut butter
heaping 1/2C superfine sugar
heaping 1/2C dark brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/3C rolled oats
1/2tsp vanilla
1/2C all-purpose flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
pinch of salt


Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease 3 large baking sheets.  Place the butter and peanut butter in a bowl and beat together, then beat in sugars.

2)  Gradually beat in the egg and vanilla.  Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the mixture.

3)  Add in the oats and stir until just combined.  Place spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheets, spaced well apart and flatten slightly with a fork.  Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden.

4)  Cool on a baking sheet for 2 minutes,, then transfer to a wire rack.

So did you guess what the unusual ingredients was?  If you guessed rolled oats, then you would be correct :)  I have never in my life come across a peanut butter cookie recipe with rolled oats, but needless to say this is now my go to recipe.  It's so good my sister (Asha, the bride) has dropped subtle hints that she really enjoyed them, lol unfortunately for her I am taking a small break from cookies and delving into some uncharted territories in the kitchen.

Do you want to know something?  It feels SUPER good to be blogging again, and I am feeling motivated to get back to doing it almost daily YAY!!  I also wanted to share with all my lovely readers that I have discovered a new passion that I eventually will share pictures and my progress in this new endeavor.  My newest passion is painting, no I am not professionally trained and even in school I took other forms of art but never painting.  The way I discovered my new passion was by attending a birthday celebration, after dinner we went to something called Painting with a Twist (it's only in the USA right now, hopefully they'll cross the border soon).  Needless to say I caught the creative painting bug, but I'll write a post dedicated to the experience because a few sentences just won't do them justice ;)  Until next time..............................


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment