Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Chip Off the Old Block

Hello Sweets,

I hope y'all are enjoying your weekend, and maybe even creating something delicious in your kitchens.  I had a lovely lunch date with my very good friend Miranda, and then we caught a movie; a horror movie that is.  We saw "The Conjuring" and it was actually pretty scary, which probably will come back to haunt me since I'm home alone :/  I'm pretty sure I'll be fine, but there were a few scenes that literally gave me goosebumps all over my body lol probably doesn't help that it's based on a true story.  But that's not why you stopped by today is it?  Today I am bringing you (insert silly drum roll), cookie number three!
 
old pic but still a goodie :)

Today's cookie was the one made for my brother in-law Jose (sorry can't figure out how to get an accent on the e), and he actually stole the cookie my sister wanted lol.  This is the kind of cookie my mom used to make for us as kids, actually it was pretty much her go to cookie lol.  Personally I like eating the raw dough (yes I know bad for me lol) more than the cooked cookie, can you guess what it is?  If you guessed chocolate chip you should reward yourself, perhaps with a cookie ;)  What I really enjoyed was the small amount of cocoa you put in additional to the chocolate chips, just gives it a little extra bit of chocolate love.

Gooiest Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from 1001 cookies and other treats)
Ingredients
1/2C butter, softened
  1 1/4C light brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
2Tsp vanilla
2C all-purpose flour
1Tbs cocoa
1Tsp baking soda
1Tsp salt
1 1/4C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1C milk chocolate chips


Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 350F, lining 2 baking sheets with non stick parchment paper.  Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.

2)  Place the egg and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk together, then gradually add to the butter mixture and beat until smooth.

3)  Mix in the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until well combined.

4)  Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips (I mixed the two) and mix well (forgot to take a pic).  Spoon 6 heaping tbs of the batter on to each baking sheet, spacing well apart.  Top with remaining chocolate chips and press lightly.  Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.  Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.


There you have it, the "Jose" :)  I found that the dough can be a little dry, so I added 1-2 tbs of milk to add a little moisture and it worked perfectly!  So for those of you not keeping track, so far we have "JAM" and I saved the best cookie for last.  I'm not going to tell you guys too much about it, but what I will tell you is it's the perfect symbol for a wedding cookie.

And with that I will leave you in suspense, yea I know I do that a lot don't I?  Whatever I can do to keep my readers engaged, smiling, and of course, coming back for more.  Tonight I am going to continue a painting I started last night, and yes I will do a post about my newest passion soon I promise.  For now I will enjoy the soothing sound of the rain :)  Until next time...........................


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment