Sunday, February 10, 2013

Needing A Little Me Time?

Hello Sweets,

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, I won't get into mine as it has been full of......turmoil lets say :/ .  I am hoping that writing this post will help shake this feeling again, but with the extreme shoulder pain, migraine, and inner turmoil I fear that may be easier said than done.  None the less I will give you all as much as I can and try and keep it upbeat and happy (ugh this is not going to be easy :().

So as I told you guys yesterday that I'd have something for you today that is pretty unique as it is food but not in the conventional way that I've based my blog on.  As I've told you guys eating has become a huge hurdle for me this week, for example yesterday all I had was 1/2  of a banana muffins (ya the super moist and yummy ones), so I had to start thinking outside the box "so to speak" to using some already ripe produce.  So I put my thinking cap on and thought about what I needed to use and what I could use in this un-hungry time.  For those of you who may not know I live in Canada, and it is damn cold here right now lol and even worse thanks to mister Nemo *fist shake*(storm not the fish lol)!  The one thing that happens to me every year when the climate changes is dry skin which annoys me to no end, but I do love to have facials so............(see where I'm going?)  I found an avocado website to help me with the ingredients (if you have sensitive skin you'll want to try it on a small patch of skin first in case of irritation), I'm going to share the one I choose and loved!  There are other concoctions there too depending on what you are looking for.  I've made face masks from other kitchen ingredients as well, but this is my first avocado adventure.  Oh and I am posting a very vulnerable photo of me wearing the mask so please be kind :)

Avocado & Honey Face Mask (dry skin)
Ingredients
1 avocado, pitted
1/2C honey

Directions:
1)  Mash the avocado in a bowl.
 they're easy to pit, just slice on one side it will open and then use a spoon to remove the meat from the flesh

2)  Add the honey and mix well.

3)  Then apply to your face, avoiding eye area, for about 10 minutes.
not the the best pic (or flattering lol), but you get the jist of it

4)  Remove with warm water, then cleans skin a final time with cold water.


Now it's not the prettiest, or even nicest of feelings but I did this three days ago and the dry skin I did have on my face is still gone!  Success :), now I am not a girly girl by any means but I do love a nice facial, although it is better when someone else is doing the dirty work.  But this is SUPER cheap and easy, and with plenty left over I can do it again in the next week if need be.  I can still remember my very first facial, it was the week before my prom and it left my skin feeling like a babies bottom lol.  Then for a long time I never did them again, that is until a friend and I moved in together.  We would go to Lush, a great store that has all natural beauty products that are amazing, we'd pick up a couple different little containers depending on what are needs were at that time.  Then we would have a girly Saturday or Sunday looking silly, eating pancakes (we made the most crazy, creative, and delicious ones), and laughing.  The best part is we lived with a male friend of ours (yes, we totally were like 3's company...."come and knock on my door" lol sorry had to, plus you probably just sang it in your head), and the first few times we scared the bejesus out of him, but in the end we could recruit him from time to time.

Well my lovelies, that did "busy" my mind for a little while but now that I'm starting to stray I'm going to end the post knowing it's fun, informative, and even gave me a small smile from time to time.  Oh, before I go I want to share with all of you the face that had me smiling for a good 45 minutes today (and I really needed the change of emotion :( ).
 
This is Callie, and she reminds me sooo much of my old dog Roxy when she was a pup!
She loved me, and now I need to figure out how to keep her lol jk

Until next time....................


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment