Friday, January 25, 2013

Too Hot To Trot!

Hello Sweets,

I'mmmmmmm backkkkkk!!  Well at least for for a short little post, and I am sure you are wondering why for just a short post aren't ya?  Well I haven't slept yet, not a wink, and I am running on fumes lol and when that happens I tend to get a little crazy and loopy, well actually a lot!

Today I have another 2 day recipe extravaganza, well actually it will be a 3 day again but tonight's and tomorrows will combine to make one and the other will be an accompaniment!  As I am sure you are all aware every time I come back from Texas I get home sick right away, and I know my official "home" is here in Canada but my heart is content in Texas :)  Actually I am not just content , I am utterly and completely happy and nothing can ever change that.  So I thought what can I make that will make me feel like I am back in my loves house enjoying a great southern meal?  Well what are Texans known for?  Home cooking, beef, and spicy hotness, which equals....................chili!!

Now I wanted to make this as homemade as possible, which got me thinking; could I make my very own chili spice mix?  Well I'm sure it comes to no ones surprise that yes I can!  And I am pretty sure I would make Nathan proud because it isn't just spicy, it's hot just the way we like it :)  So since I am so exhausted, I decided that tonight's post will be about the simple yet spicy chili spice powder, created by yours truly ;)

Canuckette's Spicy Chili Powder
Ingredients
1 heaping Tsp paprika
2 heaping Tsp ground cumin
2Tsp cayenne (I like real spice, if you don't cut in half)
1 Tsp oregano
2 heaping Tsp garlic (again I love garlic so use at your own discretion)
1 - 1 1/2Tsp chili flakes (again for the spiciness I was going for)

Directions:
1)  Now they are sort of complicated so bare with me, combine all ingredients and seal in an air tight container.  Lol seriously that's all you have to do!
   

Super complicated right?  But the best things in life are just that, simple :)

Well that's about all the energy I have for this evening, but don't forget to come back tomorrow and check out the final product of my chili in all it's glory lol :)  Until next time.............................


Stay sweet,



 Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment