It's almost Christmas!!!! Are you as excited as I am? To be perfectly honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the Christmas season (personal reasons I'd prefer not to get in to), but Nathan has changed all of that for me. The dynamic of his family, especially around the holidays is a prime example of family love and caring for one another. Not to mention everything is better when I am with Nathan, lol ya ya I know I'm a mushy girl but hey I wouldn't have it any other way ;)
So today was my last day of baking, for a few days anyways, but I have baked so much in the last two weeks that I have a few recipes to get me through all the Christmas celebrations, plus I will finally get to tell you all about my super cute homemade gifts! It's been hard to keep these fun gifts from all of you, because they really are very useful and I am extremely confident that everyone that is receiving will be very happy :) So let me share the two recipes I made last night, because they are to yummy to wait any longer!
2) Add the vanilla and almond extracts.
3) In a medium bowl; sift together flour and salt, then add them to the butter and sugar mixture.
4) Add the pecans and mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
2) Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3) Beat in the melted white chocolate until smooth, then beat in the egg and vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low; add the flour mixture in 2 batches and beat until combined. Beat in half of the remaining chopped white chocolate. (again, sorry for the lack of photos)
4) Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and arrange about 2" apart on the prepared baking sheets.
6) Make the glaze: Microwave the remaining chopped white chocolate (you can use the same bowl as before) in 30 second intervals, stirring, until melted.
7) Stir in the heavy cream, and peppermint extract to taste.