Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another Pumpkin Pancake Recipe

Hello sweets,

One of my favorite meals to make is breakfast!  It's one of the easiest to prepare, and it's the only one you can eat at any time of the day :)  When I'm in Texas I try to make breakfast more often then not, because I enjoy cooking for Nathan so much.  Today was no different, and since I made pumpkin spice cupcakes a couple of days ago, I of course had some left over pumpkin.  Silly and forgetful me,  I forgot to pack my pumpkin pancake recipe.  However, thanks to technology, I just goggled a new one. :p  I have also been thinking about trying a different recipe, because the last one was quite thicker than any other pancake I've ever made.  So today's recipe comes from none other than the queen herself....Miss Martha Stewart!  Of course I put my own little twist on the recipe ;), after all that is just what I do!

Pumpkin Pancakes
courtesy of www.marthastewart.com

Ingredients
1 1/4C all-purpose flour
2tbs sugar
2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp ground ginger
1/2tsp salt
1/8tsp nutmeg
pinch of cloves (I used 1/4tsp)
1/4tsp allspice (my addition ;))
1C milk
6tbs pumpkin puree
2tbs butter, melted
1 egg
lots of ingredients for such little treats ;)

For a special breakfast treat:
1)  Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice.
all whisked together, smells so yummy!

2)  In a separate bowl, stir together; milk, pumpkin puree, butter, and egg.  Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
another lovely shade of orange

3)  Melt some butter in a skillet (I use some of the leftover bacon grease if I make bacon too!) over medium heat; pour in 1/4C batter for each pancake.  Cook pancakes about 3 minutes each side (they're thicker, so make sure to really let them cook so you don't get raw centers); serve with butter and syrup!  Makes about 8-10 pancakes.
Nathan's breaky

These are deliciously mild pumpkin flavored pancakes, that make a great staple for any fall or winter breakfast.  Needless to say, Nathan enjoyed his breakfast today, and he will the next few days as well.  I doubled the batch to use up the rest of the pumpkin, and it holds well once the batter is mixed as long as you store it in the fridge.  What do you guys make for your weekend breakfast?  Have you tried the pumpkin pancakes yet?  If so, what did you think?  And if not, what are you waiting for lol?

Stay sweet,


Jennifer xoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment